Finding The Perfect Size Round Coffee Table
When browsing for a new round coffee table, the most important factor to consider is the size and shape. An adequately sized coffee table will add a touch of style and character to your living space while simultaneously enhancing the practicality and functionality of your room. Read on to learn how to determine the perfect size round coffee table for your home.
- Measure your living space to determine the size of table that would fit. Allow 18 inches between the table and the seating (sofa, large chairs, etc…) to create a comfortable distance in front of the seating. This will ensure that everyone will have enough room to move freely in the room.
- Consider your sofa — the size of your sofa will give a general idea as to what size your coffee table should be. Choose a round table that is two-thirds the size of the sofa.
- Designate space for your coffee table. Avoid squeezing a coffee table into a small area; in a large space, create a defined area for your table. It should be the focal point of the room when not in use, and somewhere comfortable to place your feet when you are seated.
Types Of Round Coffee Tables
- Low tables – typically under 20 inches in height, these are excellent for use with low couches and armchairs. This table creates a more relaxed atmosphere with its low profile.
- Sort tables – mid-length coffee tables range from 20 to 25 inches in height. This type of coffee table is perfect for busy family homes.
- High tables – these can be as tall as 30 inches and are the ideal choice for larger couches. A high table provides plenty of legroom and offers an elegant look.
Choosing the right round coffee table for your space is easy once you understand the basic principles. Measure your living space, consider the size of your sofa, and designate an area for the table to ensure that you select the perfect size round coffee table for your home.