What Size Coffee Table Do I Need?
Shopping for a new coffee table can be overwhelming; there are so many sizes and shapes to choose from. Ultimately, the best size table to choose depends on the size of your living room and the type of look you want to achieve. Read on to find the right size coffee table for your home.
Tips for Choosing the Right Size Coffee Table
- Measure Your Room: When choosing your coffee table, the most important step is measuring your room. The size of the table should not be more than two-thirds the length of your sofa. This will ensure the table fits comfortably in the room without taking up too much space.
- Consider the Shape: Coffee tables come in many shapes, from traditional rectangles to circles and ovals. The shape of your table should complement the design of your room. For example, a round table might work well in a smaller, more intimate setting, while a rectangular table would be better suited for a larger room.
- Think About Height: The height of your table should be comfortable to sit around and use. A common rule of thumb is that the table should be the same height or 1-2 inches lower than the seat of your sofa. This will ensure that you can easily reach and use items on the table.
What Size Coffee Table Should I Choose?
The size of the coffee table depends on the size of your living room and the layout of your furniture. Generally, the ideal size for a coffee table should be:
- Small Spaces: For small spaces, look for tables that measure up to 41 inches in length.
- Medium Spaces: In medium size rooms, look for tables that measure between 42-54 inches in length.
- Large Spaces: In large size rooms, look for tables that measure up to 55 inches or more in length.
No matter the size of your coffee table, you want to ensure it fits comfortably in your living room while leaving enough space for people to move around. Ultimately, the size and shape of the coffee table should suit your lifestyle, so choose wisely and you’ll be sure to find just the right piece.