Choosing the Right Size for Your Sectional Coffee Table
Your sectional creates the perfect spot for your family and friends to gather for quality conversations, relaxation and entertainment. To ensure your living room works well and looks good, the next step is deciding on the perfect size coffee table. Use these helpful tips to make sure you get the right fit.
What Size Should You Choose?
There are a few aspects to consider when choosing the right size of a coffee table:
- Size of the Sectional: This can vary greatly, so choose the right table size based on the size of your sectional. If the sectional is large, a bigger table can accommodate it. For a smaller sectional, a table with a matching size is enough.
- Consider the Room: Since the room size and shape will affect the look of your table, think about the shape of your room and the space for your table. Also, think about how many people typically sit on the sectional at one time to make sure everyone can reach the table comfortably.
- Room Aesthetic: Are you going for a more casual or formal vibe? Your table should match the look and feel of the room. Choose one that reflects your overall style.
Recommended Coffee Table Sizes for Common Sectional Sizes
Listed below are recommended coffee table sizes for popular sectional sizes:
- Size of Sectional: Small (3-4 seats)
- Recommended Coffee Table Size: 24” – 48” width x 16” length
- Size of Sectional: Medium (5-6 seats)
- Recommended Coffee Table Size: 48” – 54” width x 18” length
- Size of Sectional: Large (7 seats or more)
- Recommended Coffee Table Size: 54” – 72” width x 24” length
When picking out the perfect coffee table for your sectional, remember that it should be 12-18 inches tall and no more than 2/3 the length of the sectional. Also, allow at least 18-24 inches between the table and the edge of the sectional for easy access. With these simple tips, you will be sure to have the perfect coffee table for your sectional.