Choosing the Right Size Coffee Table for Your Living Room
A coffee table is a necessary piece of furniture for any living room, as it serves both practical and decorative purposes by providing a space for entertaining guests, showing off your style and completing an interior design theme. But, choosing the right size coffee table for your particular space can be an intimidating task. Read on for our simple guide on how to measure for a coffee table that will be the perfect fit for your living room.
Steps to Measure for a Coffee Table
- Measure the length and width of your living room. Start by measuring the walls of your living room, as well as the distance between each wall. This will help you determine the available space for a coffee table and narrow down your options.
- Consider the size of your furniture. Make sure the proportions of your coffee table will match those of your furniture. If you have a large sofa, opt for a larger coffee table, such as an oval. If you have a smaller sofa, choose a round, square or rectangular coffee table that is proportionate.
- Factor in the size of the room and the crowd. When it comes to size, the room and the number of guests will also dictate the type of coffee table best suited for your living room. If you often have guests over, for example, a larger coffee table – such as a rectangular – would be ideal.
Now that you’ve taken measurements and considered the size of your living room and furniture, you can confidently choose a coffee table that is the right size and shape to compliment your living room.
Benefits of Buying the Right Size Coffee Table
- You will maximize the potential of the room. A coffee table can easily provide the much-needed surface area in the living room. If you choose one that is too small, though, it will not be enough to meet the needs of the room. So, be sure to pick a coffee table that is the right size so you will get the most out of it.
- You will avoid overcrowding the space. The biggest mistake that people make is choosing a coffee table that is too large for their current space. When this happens, it will swallow up the room and make it appear smaller. Choosing a coffee table that fits into the available space will make it easier to move around the living room.
Now that you know the steps for measuring for a coffee table and the benefits of buying the right size for your living room, you can confidently pick out one that is the perfect fit. And, you’ll be able to complete the style and design of your living room with ease.