What is the Typical Size of a Coffee Table?
A coffee table is an important staple within a living space. As a piece of furniture, it is meant to provide a decorative and functional purpose. The size of a coffee table can drastically change the look and feel of a living room, which is why it’s essential to get the measurements right.
Standard Coffee Table Sizes
When it comes to standard sizing, most coffee tables measure between 16” to 18” high. The width and length of a coffee table also depends on your space and the style of the table.
- Square Coffee Tables – The standard sizes for square coffee tables are between 30” to 42” wide.
- Rectangular Coffee Table – Rectangular coffee tables are usually between 42” to 72” long and between 18” to 24” high.
- Circular Coffee Table – The standard size of round coffee tables measure between 28” to 48” wide.
Coffee Table Size Tips
- Scale – The size of your coffee table should be proportionate to the size of the room. If your space is small, stick with a small table that is no wider than your sofa’s armrests.
- Shape – If you have an awkward room, with oddly shaped furniture, then opt for an oval or round coffee table.
- Height – The height of your coffee table you should be 1 to 2 inches lower than the seat of your sofa.
In conclusion, it is important to take into account the size and scale of your coffee table in order to optimize your living space and choose the right piece to fit the room.