what is the glass coffee pot called

What is the Glass Coffee Pot Called?

The glass coffee pot is an essential tool for anyone who loves brewing the perfect cup of coffee each morning. It’s an integral part of the classic, but timeless home coffee making ritual. But what is the glass coffee pot actually called?

Colloquial Name

This type of coffee pot goes by several different names. Some of the most common terms for the glass pot include a “drip pot”, “pour over”, “manual brewer”, and “pour-through”. Of the different terms, “drip pot” is probably the most common colloquial term for the object.

Manufacturer’s Name

Many of the manufacturers that produce glass coffee pots give them a specific name. Here are some of the most common:

  • Chemex: The Chemex classic coffeemaker has been a popular glass brewer since the 1940s.
  • V60: Hario is the maker of the V60, which has a unique brewing system.
  • Aeropress: The Aeropress is a revolutionary brewer made by Aerobie.
  • French Press: This is another popular brewer, also known as a cafetiere.

These are just a few of the most popular glass coffee pots out there, but there are many more to choose from.


So, what is the glass coffee pot called? Well, it goes by several different names, depending on who you’re talking to. To some, it may simply be known as a “drip pot” or “pour over”. To the individual manufacturers, it may be the Chemex, V60, Aeropress, or French Press. No matter what you call it, the glass coffee pot is a must-have tool for any coffee lover’s kitchen.

Latest Posts

Send Us A Message

Join us