What is Coffee Table Height?
Coffee tables are one of the most popular pieces of furniture in our homes today. But how do you figure out the right height for your coffee table?
Standard Coffee Table Height
The standard coffee table height is typically 16 to 18 inches, depending on the style. The right height for a coffee table depends on the size and shape of the sofa, chairs, and other pieces of furniture around it.
Coffee Table Height vs Chair Height
The height of a coffee table should be slightly lower than the height of the chairs and sofa that surround it. This will make it easier to put drinks, laptops and books on the table top.
Coffee Table Height for Large and Small Furniture
- Large Furniture: If you have large furniture such as sofas and sectionals, the standard height should work well.
- Small Furniture: However, if you have small furniture, you may need to adjust the height of the coffee table. A lower table may be more comfortable and less overwhelming for small furniture.
Things to Consider when Choosing Coffee Table Height
When choosing the right height for your coffee table, there are a few things to consider:
- The size of the room – the size of the furniture and the room will play a role in how high or low the coffee table should be.
- The style of the furniture – certain pieces of furniture look best when paired with a certain height of coffee table.
- Your own comfort – if you plan to use the table for resting your feet or laptop, you may want a lower table.
Coffee table height is an important factor to consider when adding furniture to your living room. The standard height of 16 to 18 inches is a good starting point, but the final height will depend on the size of the furniture and the style of the room. Keeping these factors in mind will help you choose the perfect coffee table for your space.