Maintaining a Clean Glass Coffee Pot
Having an attractive and well-functioning glass coffee pot is important for any kitchen. The best way to ensure your coffee pot is kept in the best condition is to maintain cleanliness. With regular cleaning, you can keep your pot looking and working like new for years to come.
Cleaning Tools and Techniques
When it comes to keeping your glass coffee pot clean and sparkling, you’ll need the right tools. Here are some items you can use to keep your coffee pot at its best:
- Soft Cloth: A soft, damp cloth is all you need to lightly wipe down your glass interior. Avoid any cleaning materials that are abrasive.
- Paper Towels: For easy clean-up of coffee grinds and residue, paper towels can be used to quickly wipe out the glass pot.
- Baking Soda and Lemon Juice: For any burned or discolored areas, a paste of baking soda and lemon juice can be used to gently ensure all surfaces are back to their original sheen.
Maintaining Its Shine
To keep a freshly-cleaned glass coffee pot looking like new, you’ll need to prevent any further build-up of residue. Here are some tips to maintain a bright, spotless pot:
- Immediately pour off any remaining coffee after use, especially in areas with hard water.
- Purchase specialty cleansers to prevent the build-up of calcium, lime and rust deposits.
- Interior surfaces should be wiped down daily or after every few uses.
- For thermal carafe models, use a vinegar solution of ½ cup vinegar and 2 cups water to clean the interior walls and lid.
By following the above advice, you can keep your glass coffee pot fresh and sparkling for years to come. Enjoy your favorite brews in style!