What is Another Name for a Coffee Table?
A coffee table is a piece of low furniture typically placed in the living room and typically used for serving drinks or displaying books and magazines. Despite its name, a coffee table serves many different functions, so there are a number of other names for it.
Alternative Names for Coffee Tables
- Cocktail Table – A cocktail table is most commonly used to arrange drinks and snacks, usually for serving guests. It also has enough surface area for guests to place their drinks as they mingle throughout the room.
- Living Room Table – This name is self-explanatory, as it is most commonly used as a table in the living room. It can also be used in other rooms of the house.
- End Table – An end table is typically used to hold lamps or plants and place at the end of a couch or other piece of furniture.
- Center Table – A center table is placed in the center of the room, such as in front of the sofa, and is used for a variety of things, from drinks to books to plants.
- Occasional Table – An occasional table is an all-encompassing term for any type of low table. It is typically used for showing off decorative items or for serving drinks and snacks.
In conclusion, there are many different names for a coffee table, depending on the use and the room in which it’s placed. Whether its a cocktail table, living room table, end table, center table, or occasional table, one thing is certain – it is a great piece of furniture that adds style and functionality to any home.