Finishing a Coffee Table
Are you looking to add the finishing touches to your home-crafted coffee table? Here’s a list of everything you need to take your coffee table from homemade to beautiful professional piece.
- Sander: A sander is a valuable tool for finishing a piece of furniture or just smoothing out bumps between layers of paint.
- Stain/Paint and Brushes: Whether you choose to buy a brush or use an old one, make sure you don’t miss out on adding a little extra coat of paint or stain.
- Varnish: Varnish will help protect the wood and give it a glossy sheen that wood needs to shine.
- Tape Measure: Measure the thickness of the wood and any other measurements to make sure they’re as accurate as possible.
- Wood: Whether you’re building from scratch, refinishing an old table, or repurposing something else, you’ll need some type of wood to make sure your coffee table is well-made.
- Screws: Make sure your screws are in the correct size for whatever material you’re working with.
- Nails: Nails help whenever you’re building from scratch, or just need to hold something together.
- Measure and cut the wood for the table’s frame.
- Assemble the frame, using screws and/or nails.
- If necessary, use a sander to even out the surface and make sure everything is flush.
- Clean the table’s surface and ensure there is no dust or debris.
- Paint or stain the table, and let dry.
- Once the paint is dry, apply a layer or two of varnish to protect the wood.
- Allow the varnish to dry before using the table.
With these simple steps and materials, you can make sure your coffee table looks just as beautiful as any piece you could buy in the store. Good luck!