Alternatives to Coffee Tables
Coffee tables can bring style and functionality to a living room, but there are plenty of other options that can come in especially handy for small apartments and spaces. Here are some coffee table alternatives that you may want to consider.
- Pros: Ottomans provide great flexibility as they can be used in multiple ways. You can use them as a footrest, extra seating and of course, as a coffee table.
- Cons: Depending on the material and size, ottomans can be quite expensive to purchase.
- Pros: Foldout tables provide excellent functionality as you can easily fold it away when you no longer need it.
- Cons: Foldout tables are not as stylish and can take up quite a bit of space when open.
- Pros: End tables are a great alternative to coffee tables as they come in various sizes, materials, shapes and styles.
- Cons: End tables may not provide enough surface space for your drinks or books.
- Pros: Trunks provide plenty of storage and surface area for books, games and décor items.
- Cons: Trunks can be quite heavy and difficult to move from one place to another.
Coffee tables can serve as a great centerpiece for a living room, but there are plenty of alternatives that can still make a room look chic and stylish. Whether you go for an ottoman, foldout table, end table or trunk, you’ll be glad you made the switch.