Books to Have on Your Coffee Table:
Having an interesting selection of books on your coffee table can be an intriguing conversation piece and certainly add something to the atmosphere of your living room. Here are some books to consider adding to your coffee table selection:
- The Art of Richard Diebenkorn – a comprehensive overview of the major phases of Diebenkorn’s work.
- Picasso at La Californie – an exclusive glimpse into Picasso’s estate residence in the south of France.
- Paris in the 20th Century – an exploration of Parisian art, architecture, and style from the early 1900s onwards.
- The Norton Anthology of Short Fiction – a compilation of modern and classic short stories to enjoy.
- The Oxford Book of Emotion – a collection of moving essays, poetry, and stories all about human emotion.
- The Big Sleep – a collection of classic noir short stories by Raymond Chandler.
- The Americans – Robert Frank’s landmark photographic journey across the USA.
- Helmut Newton: Work – a stunning retrospective of the late photographer’s career.
- Mostly West – a survey of frontier-style contemporary photography.
A nice mix of art, anthologies, and photography books is sure to leave an interesting impression in the room. So when the inevitable question comes up, you will be able to tell guests the stories behind each one.