Is My Coffee Table Too Low?
Do you find yourself constantly hunching over your coffee table in order to reach your cup of tea or book? Or is it so low that you feel your feet barely hit the floor when you sit down?
If so, you may be wondering if your coffee table is too low for an ideal seating position. Here are some tips to help you decide if it’s time for a new coffee table.
1. Consider Comfort and Ergonomics
If you want a comfortable sitting position that is also ergonomically sound, then your coffee table should be at least 16-18 inches high. This height puts the table at an ideal distance from your body, so that your arms and elbows are comfortable.
If your table is lower than this, consider changing it out for something higher. Your neck, back, and arms will thank you!
2. Think About Accessibility
The height of your coffee table can also affect its usability. Take a look at its current height—does it make it difficult for you to get to the items on the table, such as books, magazines, snacks, and drinks?
If the answer is yes, then it’s time to upgrade to a higher table. With a higher table, you can easily and comfortably reach everything without having to hunch over or overly stretch.
3. Decide on Design
When looking for a higher coffee table, there are many different designs to consider, such as:
- Ottomans: These are versatile pieces of furniture since they double as both a table and a seat. They come in different sizes and heights, so you can find one that is the perfect height for your seating needs.
- Table Lifts: Table lifts can be used to convert your existing coffee table into a higher one. All you need is a few screws and some tools to raise the legs of your table.
- Accent Tables: If you’re looking for a totally new coffee table, try an accent table. These come with legs in varying heights, so you can customize to the height you want.
No matter which design you choose, you can be sure to find one that fits your budget and is comfortable for your seating needs.
When it comes to the height of your coffee table, comfort and accessibility should always take precedence. If your current coffee table doesn’t meet those requirements, then it’s time to upgrade. With the right design and height, your body won’t have to suffer in order to use your coffee table!