Is Lacquer a Good Finish for Coffee Table?
Do you plan to buy a new coffee table but are unsure about what type of finish is the best for it? Lacquer is becoming ever more popular as a finish for coffee tables, and for good reason.
Advantages of Lacquer Finish
- Easy to Care For – Lacquer is highly durable and typically requires little upkeep to retain its beauty.
- Attractive Glossy Appearance – Lacquer looks glossy and attractive in its natural form, making it great for a coffee table.
- Highly Versatile – Lacquer is available in various colors and shades, so you can choose a finish that best matches the design of your room. It can also be easily customized with different color options.
- Affordable – Lacquer is a relatively inexpensive type of finish, making it a great choice for those on a budget.
Disadvantages of Lacquer Finish
- Sensitive to Heat – Lacquer is sensitive to heat, so it is not a good choice for coffee tables that will be placed near stoves or other heat-generating appliances.
- Easily Scratched – Lacquer is easily scratched, so it is best not to use it on a coffee table that will be regularly used or moved around frequently.
- Hard to Repair – If the lacquer finish on your coffee table gets scratched or damaged, it may be difficult to repair or restore without leaving visible marks.
Overall, lacquer is a great choice for coffee tables due to its attractive glossy appearance, low maintenance, and affordability. However, it is important to consider its sensitivity to heat, its potential to be easily scratched, and the difficulty of repair before choosing it as the finish for your coffee table.