Glass Coffee Table Heat Resistance
Glass coffee tables are often a stylish addition to any home. However, it is important to consider the heat resistance of a glass coffee table before investing in one. If you already own a glass coffee table then you may want to take a look at the level of heat resistance it provides.
Glass Table Heat Resistance
Glass coffee tables come in various levels of heat resistance. The most heat resistant is tempered glass which is a common choice. Tempered glass is up to four times stronger than regular glass and can handle temperatures of up to 170°C (338°F). If you want to put something hot directly on the glass table then it is safest to opt for tempered glass.
Regular glass is also common and offers much less heat resistance. It can generally withstand temperatures of up to 80°C (176°F).
What to Avoid
If you have an antique glass table then take care when using it. It often can’t handle any heat so it always best to check with the retailer or manufacturer before placing anything hot on it. Additionally, when considering any new glass table, make sure you check it is made from tempered glass or regular glass, and make sure it is suited for the purpose.
Tips for Using Glass Tables
If you have a glass coffee table then there are some tips you should bear in mind when using it to keep it in top condition:
- Always use coasters or mats on the glass to avoid heat transfer.
- Never place any glasses filled with boiling water directly onto glass tables.
- Avoid placing anything that contains extreme heat such as a candle directly onto the glass.
- If you do place something with a high temperature onto the glass then remove it immediately.
- If in any doubt then check with the manufacturer or a furniture expert about the safety of the table.
Glass coffee tables can be a stylish addition to any home. However, it is important to make sure you get one that is best suited for your needs regarding heat resistance. If you already own a glass coffee table then keep the above tips in mind whenever you are using it.