How to Make a Resin Pour Coffee Table
If you’re looking to add a unique flair to your décor, crafting your own resin pour coffee table is the perfect solution! Resin pour tables feature a stunning glossy finish and can easily be customized with decorations and coloring to add a personalized touch. Before you start, make sure you have the appropriate materials and ample space to create your custom piece of furniture.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Wooden table base: Choose a sturdy wooden base for your coffee table. The table should be sanded and coated with polyurethane for best results.
- Resin: You’ll need clear epoxy resin or polyurethane resin for this project.
- Adding Color: If you’d like to incorporate color, you can do so by adding alcohol ink to the mix.
- Measuring Cups: You will need two measuring cups to mix the resin and to measure the desired amount of resin.
- Mixing Tool: You’ll need a wooden craft stick to mix the resin, alcohol ink, and any other additions you may choose to include.
- Gloves and Protective Goggles: It’s important to keep yourself safe throughout the entire process by wearing gloves and protective goggles.
- Curing Agent: You will need a curing agent to help speed up and facilitate the drying process.
- Vacuum Chamber: If you have access to one, using a vacuum chamber can help minimize air bubbles in the resin.
- 1. Begin by preparing your workspace. Place your wooden base on a flat, level surface and ensure you will have room to move around the table for the next few steps.
- 2. Measure and mix your clear epoxy resin according to the instructions on the package. Be sure to mix the resin thoroughly with a wooden craft stick.
- 3. If desired, add alcohol ink to the mix. Begin by pouring a small amount of alcohol ink and use the craft stick to mix. Slowly add more ink and ensure the mixture is consistent before adding too much.
- 4. Once the resin and ink are mixed, pour the mixture onto the table base. Use your craft stick to spread and flatten the mixture evenly. Depending on the resin you have chosen, it may take up to 24 hours to completely dry.
- 5. Once the resin is completely dry, use a curing agent to speed up and facilitate the curing process. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and ensure no uncured resin remains in the chamber.
- 6. If you have access to a vacuum chamber, use it to remove air bubbles and further smooth out your table. Once the table is dry, enjoy your new resin pour coffee table!
Making a custom resin pour coffee table is an easy and simple project that can add a unique ambiance to your living space. Just be sure to get all the appropriate materials, read all safety instructions, and take your time as you craft your own custom piece of furniture!