How to Write on Glass Coffee Mugs
Writing on glass coffee mugs can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! With the right materials and a little bit of creativity you’ll find that writing on glass mugs is an easy and fun way to add a personal touch to your otherwise standard beverage containers.
- Choose the Right Materials – To write on glass mugs you will need permanent markers, a set of ceramic mugs, a pencil, rubbing alcohol, cotton balls and paper towels.
- Draw a Design with a Pencil – Start by creating your design by lightly drawing it with a pencil onto the glass mug.
- Clean the Mug -Once you have created your design, you will need to clean the mug with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. This will remove any oils and dirt from the surface of the mug, which will make it easier for the marker to adhere and ensure that your design stays put.
- Fill In the Design with the Permanent Marker -Once the mug has been cleaned, you can use the permanent marker to fill in your design. The marker should go on easily and will stay put once it dries.
- Remove Any Excess Marker – When you are done with your design, you can use a paper towel and a bit of rubbing alcohol to wipe away any excess marker that may have gotten onto the mug.
Tips and Tricks:
- Keep it Simple – Don’t be too ambitious with your designs. Simple and small details look best on glass mugs.
- Watch Out for Mistakes – Erasing may be difficult when using permanent markers, so try to avoid making mistakes. The best way to avoid mistakes is to take your time and draw your design lightly with a pencil first.
- Choose the Right Marker – Make sure to use a permanent marker that is designed to work on glass. Permanent markers that are specifically designed for glass mugs are the best choice.
Writing on glass coffee mugs is an easy and fun way to add a personal touch to your beverage containers. With the right materials, design tips and a bit of creativity you will find that this is an enjoyable and creative activity.