How to Write on Glass Coffee Mugs
Writing on coffee mugs is a creative way to create a personalized gift or add customization to cafe and business merchandise. For those with a steady hand and steady nerve, writing on glass coffee mugs is a great way express your creativity. Here is how you can do it.
Preparing the Glass Mug
- Clean the glass mug thoroughly with a wet cloth and dry with a kitchen towel or paper towel. Make sure that the glass is completely dry and has no dust particles on it.
- Mark the mug with a pencil – this will help you track and adjust your design should you make any mistakes.
Writing on the Glass Mug
- Apply Glue: Hold the mug in one hand and glue in another. Apply the glue generously around where you want to write. Allow the glue to dry before writing.
- Write on the Mug: Use a sharp, clean point pen or marker to write on the mug. Take your time, be accurate and make sure there are no smudges.
Finishing the Glass Mug
- Apply Paint: After the design has dried, brush on paint lightly in areas where you can see that there needs to be some touch ups.
- Bake in the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit, and place the mug inside for 8 minutes. After baking, let the mug cool for another 8 minutes.
With these steps, you can write on glass coffee mugs and make meaningful gifts or merchandise for your business. Have fun and remember to be creative!