Varnishing Your Wooden Coffee Table
Adding a layer of varnish to your coffee table is an effective way to protect the wood from moisture, dirt and other damage. Here are a few steps you need to take to make sure it’s done properly.
Steps to Varnish a Wooden Coffee Table:
- Gather all of the materials you need: a clean cloth or brush, sandpaper, wood cleaner or stripper, a clean lint-free cloth, and some varnish.
- Clean and sand. Start by cleaning the surface with a damp cloth and then use some fine-grade sandpaper to help remove any dirt, grime and unfinished surface particles.
- Apply the varnish. Use a clean, lint-free cloth to apply the varnish in an even layer. Be sure to move in the same direction as the grain of the wood.
- Let it dry. Once you’ve applied the varnish, give it some time to dry. Read the label on your varnish to find out how long it takes to dry.
- Apply a second coat. After the first coat has dried, apply a second one. This will help to protect the wood and give it an even, glossy finish.
Varnishing your wooden coffee table is a great way to give it an attractive, long-lasting finish. With just a few simple steps, you can easily protect your furniture from stains and damage.