Brew the Perfect Cup of Coffee using a Glass Coffee Plunger
Making a cup of hot, delicious coffee can be a fulfilling experience, but all too often, we resort to instant, pre-ground coffee to save yourself time and hassle. With a glass coffee plunger, you can have the flavor and quality of freshly-ground beans with minimal effort. Read on to find out how to make a delicious cup of coffee using a glass coffee plunger.
Materials and Ingredients
- Glass Coffee Plunger
- Coffee Beans
- Fire-resistant Mug or Cup
- Grinder (Optional)
- Hot Water
Steps to Brew
- Prepare your fire-resistant mug or cup. A mug with a handle is ideal so you don’t burn your fingers as you pour.
- Grind the coffee beans. If you have one, use a coffee grinder to grind two or three tablespoons of coffee beans. If you do not have one, you can use pre-ground coffee.
- Put the ground coffee in the bottom of the glass coffee plunger. Make sure the ground beans are packed in firmly.
- Bring some fresh, clean water to a boil. Be sure to use fresh cold water with no additives such as chlorine.
- Carefully add the hot water to the plunger. The water should be poured in slowly so that it does not overflow the plunger.
- Place the plunger on the mug or cup and slowly press down on the plunger to slowly filter the coffee into the cup.
- Carefully remove the plunger from the cup, and enjoy!
- Make sure to use fire-resistant cups or mugs when brewing coffee as hot glass can break if not handled carefully.
- For a stronger cup of coffee, you can add more coffee grounds before brewing.
- Be sure to use fresh cold water for the best flavor and to prevent any build-up of minerals.
- For a more intense flavor, try a “line press” by plunging the plunger to the bottom of the cup and then slowly pressing it up a few times.
Using a glass coffee plunger is a great way to make a delicious cup of coffee without the mess and fuss. With the right materials, you can make a perfect cup of coffee on your own in just a few easy steps.