How to Use Glass Coffee Percolator
A glass coffee percolator is an old-fashioned yet dependable method of brewing strong, robust coffee. Here is how to use one.
What You Need
- Coffee grounds
- Glass coffee percolator
- Stovetop burner, or hot plate
- Gently unscrew the percolator lid and add 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for every 6 ounces of water.
- Replace the lid and add water to the reservoir until near the top of the tube.
- Place the percolator on heat source and wait for the water to begin to boil.
- As the boiling starts, the brewed coffee travels up the center tube of the percolator and is forced back down through the grounds. This process is repeated, producing robust coffee.
- Once your percolator has stopped bubbling, remove it from the heat and pour the coffee into your favorite mug.
Let your coffee percolate for as long or as short as you’d like. The longer the percolator is left on heat, the stronger and more intense your brew will be. Enjoy!