How to Use Glass Coffee Dripper
Using glass coffee dripper is an easy and efficient way to get freshly brewed coffee in a few minutes. This brewing technique allows straightforward control of the temperature and brewing times, making it a great way to get your caffeine fix.
What You Will Need
- A glass coffee dripper
- Coffee grounds
- Filter paper
- Hot water
- Cup or mug
- Start by putting the filter paper in the dripper. This will help filter out any impurities that may be in the cup.
- Next, add the coffee grounds in the dripper. The amount of grounds you should use depends on the desired strength of the brew. Recommended ratios are between 15 – 25 grams of ground coffee per 300 ml of hot water.
- Pour hot water into the dripper, making sure to cover all of the grounds. Let it sit for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly and evenly, pour more hot water on the grounds. Make sure the water level is at or slightly above the top of the grounds.
- Wait for the timer to count to 2.5 – 3 minutes. This is known as the ‘contact time’ and is responsible for the strength and flavor of the coffee.
- When the timer is done, slowly remove the dripper from the cup. You can also place the cup on a scale to make sure the proper amount of coffee was extracted.
- Pour the freshly brewed coffee into your cup or mug and enjoy!
Using a glass coffee dripper is a great way to get a quality cup of coffee in a few minutes. With a few simple steps, you’ll be able to enjoy your coffee anytime and anywhere.