How to Use an Old Pyrex Glass Coffee Maker
The Pyrex Glass Coffee Maker is a classic way to make coffee and a great find for vintage enthusiasts. Making coffee with a Pyrex can be a rewarding experience, plus you get to enjoy that classic vintage style. If you’re lucky enough to find a Pyrex coffee maker, here are some tips for using it.
- 1 Pyrex glass coffee maker
- 12 oz. coffee grounds of your choice
- 3 quarts cold water
- Take out your Pyrex coffee maker and make sure it is clean. Pour in the coffee grounds.
- Fill the Pyrex with cold water. Don’t fill it too much, just enough to get the grounds moist. Make sure that all the grounds are covered.
- Put the lid on the Pyrex and make sure it is securely in place.
- Place the Pyrex on the heat source. It is important that you keep a close eye on the Pyrex because the glass can shatter if it gets too hot. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Allow the Pyrex to percolate for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the coffee is done percolating turn off the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully pour the coffee into your cup and enjoy the classic taste of Pyrex-brewed coffee.
- Always make sure that the lid is secure on the Pyrex before you place it on the heat source.
- Be sure not to overfill the Pyrex, as this can cause the glass to crack or shatter.
- Keep a close eye on the percolation process and adjust the heat source accordingly to prevent the glass from breaking.
Using a classic Pyrex Glass Coffee Maker is an enjoyable way to make great-tasting coffee. With just a few simple steps you can make an excellent cup of coffee with your Pyrex. Enjoy your cup of vintage-style coffee!