How to Upholster a Coffee Table Bench
Upholstering a coffee table bench can bring new life to an old piece of furniture or turn an ordinary coffee table bench into a unique statement piece. With the right supplies and a few hours of time, it’s easier than you think to upholster your coffee table bench.
Gather your supplies:
- Fabric – You’ll need enough fabric to cover your coffee table bench. Make sure to use a heavy-duty fabric that can withstand wear and tear.
- Upholstery staples – Upholstery staples help hold the fabric firmly in place.
- Staple gun – A staple gun will make the job easier.
- Scissors – You’ll need scissors to make any necessary cuts.
- Hammer – Use a hammer to help you secure the staple.
- Foam – Foam will add padding and make your coffee table bench more comfortable.
- Measure the surface area of your coffee table bench and cut the fabric so that it’s the same size.
- Lay the fabric face down on a flat surface and place the coffee table bench upside down over the fabric.
- Starting at the center, pull the fabric taut and attach it to the underside of the bench with upholstery staples.
- Secure the fabric at the edges, corners and any other places as needed. Make sure the fabric is pulled taut to prevent any wrinkles or bunches.
- Cut a piece of foam to the same size as your fabric. Place the foam on top of the bench and cover it with the fabric.
- Start in the center and work your way outward as you staple the fabric and foam together.
- Once the fabric and foam are securely attached, turn the coffee table bench over and enjoy your masterpiece!
Your upholstered coffee table bench is now ready for use. With a little bit of time and effort, you can take an ordinary piece of furniture and turn it into an eye-catching statement piece.