Upholstering a Glass Coffee Table
Turning an ordinary glass coffee table into a unique yet practical piece of furniture is easier than it may feel. With some patience and attention to detail, you can upholster your glass coffee table in just a few simple steps.
- Gather the materials you need – fabric, batting, tacks, nails or glue.
- Cut the batting to fit the table top, making sure to leave a few extra inches of fabric on all sides.
- Place the batting on the table top, and stretch it to fit. You can use nails or tacks to secure the batting in place.
- Cut the fabric to fit the batting, leaving a few extra inches on all sides.
- Lay the fabric on top of the batting, and staple it in place using a staple gun. Make sure to pull the fabric tight to avoid wrinkles and sagging.
- Staple the edges in place, making sure to trim away any excess fabric.
- Add some decorative tacks or nails around the perimeter of your upholstered table to give it a finished look.
With just a few simple steps and some materials you can easily find at most craft stores, you can upholster any glass coffee table in no time!