How to Update a Glass Coffee Table
Whether you’re looking to add a modern touch to your living room, or just want to switch out an old piece of furniture, updating a glass coffee table can be a great DIY project. With the right materials and tools, you can make your coffee table look modern and chic.
Required Tools and Materials
- Glass cleaner
- Painters tape
Step by Step Instructions
- Clean the Glass – the first step is to make sure the glass is clean. Use a glass cleaner to remove any dirt and grime, and then dry it with a clean cloth.
- Sand the Edges – use medium-grit sandpaper to lightly rough up the edges and corners of the table. This will help the primer and paint adhere better.
- Apply Primer – using a paintbrush, apply an even coat of primer to the entire table. This will help to seal the surface and provide a good base for the paint.
- Paint the Table – once the primer has dried, use painters tape to mark off the areas you don’t want painted. Then use a paintbrush to apply the paint. Allow at least one hour of drying time between coats.
- Apply Polyurethane – once the paint has dried, use a paintbrush to apply a layer of polyurethane to the table. This will help to protect the paint and provide a glossy finish.
Following these steps will help you update your glass coffee table and give it a modern, chic look. With the right tools and materials, you’ll be able to make your living room look more stylish in no time.