Transform Your Ottoman into a Statement Coffee Table
Are you looking for an affordable and creative way to spruce up your living space? Then consider turning your ottoman into a coffee table! It doesn’t take much to take a regular ottoman and give it the aesthetic of a luxurious coffee table fit for a modern home. With a few quick steps, you will be on your way to having an attractive centerpiece in your room.
What You’ll Need
Before you begin, you’ll need to prepare a few materials to begin work:
- Boards – Make sure they can fit the top of the ottoman and provide a sturdy surface.
- Tabletop covering
Steps for Making a Coffee Table from an Ottoman
- Remove the top part of the ottoman and measure the size of the opening at the top.
- Find the ideal wood boards for the top of the ottoman. The boards should be an inch bigger in size than the opening from the top.
- Lay two or three boards at the top of the ottoman and make sure it fits properly.
- Drill holes into the edge of the ottoman and the boards in preparation for the screws.
- Use glue to firmly attach the boards to each other and the ottoman.
- Screw the boards together and ensure they are firmly secured.
- Lay on the table cloth of your choice to cover the top and edges of the ottoman.
- Ta-da! You now have your own unique coffee table!
Making a coffee table from an ottoman is an easy and cost-effective way to add a unique, decorative piece to your space. With just a few materials and some time, you will have a statement coffee table that will serve as the centerpiece in your room.