How to Turn an Old Coffee Table Into an Ottoman
Making use of an old coffee table and transforming it into something both beautiful and practical is a great way to give a piece of furniture a new lease on life! This article is here to walk you through the steps to repurpose your old coffee table into an ottoman.
- Old Coffee Table
- Upholstery Foam
- Upholstery Fabric
- Staple Gun and Staples
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Measuring Tape
- Measure the top of your coffee table, then purchase enough upholstery foam to cover that area. Cut the foam to size.
- Cover the foam with the upholstery fabric, and secure with glue. This doesn’t have to be perfect as it won’t be seen in the finished product.
- Place the covered foam onto the top of the coffee table and secure with a staple gun. Staple every few inches to make sure it won’t move.
- Place the cushion on top of the foam and fabric. The cushion can be any color or style you’d like, as it will be the top of your ottoman.
- Secure the cushion with glue or a few staples to make sure it won’t move.
- Voila! Your repurposed coffee table is now an ottoman.
By following these steps, you’ve given an old piece of furniture a new life as a stylish, functional ottoman. You can pull up a chair to the table, while family and friends can kick their feet up on the ottoman and relax. A DIY ottoman is an excellent way to repurpose old furniture and give it a new use in your home!