Transform A Glass Coffee Table Into An Ottoman
Do you want to give your living room a new look but don’t want to invest in a new furniture? An easy solution would be to transform your existing glass coffee table into an ottoman. Here are the simple steps you need to follow to make the project successful:
Gather the Supplies
- Coffee Table in Good Condition
- Soft Furnishing Foam
- Nails/Nail Gun/Staples
- Cushion Mix
1. Take off the glass top of the coffee table and put aside.
2. Measure the dimensions of the top and the bottom of the coffee table.
3. Create a wooden frame to fit the bottom of the table slightly larger than the original dimensions of the table.
4. Place the soft furnishing foam on top of the plywood and trace the outer edges to create a pattern.
5. Cut the bedding material and batting to fit around the plywood and use the stapler to secure it in place.
6. Use the cushion mix to fill the frame and place the fabric over the foam.
7. Nail the sides of the fabric to the frame firmly.
8. Place the ottoman in the desired location and enjoy the new look of your living room.
Creating an ottoman out of an existing glass coffee table is a fairly easy and inexpensive way to give your living space a new look. With the right supplies, a little bit of creativity and this simple guide, you can easily create a brand new piece of furniture.