Turning a Glass Coffee Table into an Ottoman
Revamping some of the old furniture pieces found around the house can be both a fun and rewarding experience. Turning a glass coffee table into an ottoman is one such project that requires minimal materials and effort, but provides a custom and versatile piece that can match any room’s decorations.
Steps for Transitioning a Glass Coffee Table into an Ottoman
- Gather the necessary materials: a foam cushion, a wooden board of the same size as the coffee table, staples and upholstery fabric.
- On the underside of the coffee table’s glass top, secure the wooden board using screws.
- Cut the foam cushion to fit the table’s glass top. Make sure to leave a few inches around all sides of the board.
- Cover the foam cushion with a piece of upholstery fabric and evenly stretch it around the foam. It is advised to choose an upholstery fabric that will match with the décor of the room.
- By using a staple gun, secure the fabric to the board.
- Position the foam cushion onto the board.
- Place the glass table top onto the foam cushion and admire the newly created ottoman.
This project will require an hour or less to complete, depending on the available materials and the size of the glass coffee table. Its simplicity allows for anyone, regardless of skill or experience in woodworking, to transform furniture items and make them their own.