Step-by-Step Guide on How to Turn a Cedar Chest into a Coffee Table
Are you looking for an interesting project to spruce up your home? Turning a cedar chest into a coffee table is a great way to transform a seemingly ordinary object into a beautiful centerpiece.
Step 1: Prep the Chest
- Empty the cedar chest of the contents.
- Clean the interior of the chest using a damp cloth.
- Sand the exterior of the chest with sandpaper.
Step 2: Paint the Chest
- Choose a paint color with a high-gloss finish.
- Paint the exterior of the chest in even strokes.
- Allow for 12 hours between coats of paint.
Step 3: Add the Feet
- Select four feet for the bottom of the chest.
- Use a drill to secure the feet to the bottom of the cedar chest.
- Once the feet are secured, your coffee table is finished and ready to use!
You will now enjoy your brand-new coffee table and your friends and family will be intrigued by the transformation of a cedar chest into a beautiful home accent. With just a few steps, you can have a one-of-a-kind piece of furniture for your home.