Transform Your Coffee Table with Stick Paper
Stick paper is one of the most versatile and economical ways to transform the look of any surface without a lot of effort. This easy—and surprisingly affordable—DIY project is ideal for coffee tables, as you can create a unique and eye-catching design in just a few simple steps.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you start to remodel your coffee table, you’ll need the right supplies for the job. You will need:
- Stick paper. Choose a design and color you love to make the most of your coffee table’s new look. Stick paper comes in a variety of patterns and tones, so you’ll be able to find the perfect option for your space.
- Sandpaper and/or primer. Make sure you buy the correct sandpaper for your surface, and either purchase or make a mixture of water and chalk paint for a quick and easy primer.
- Paint. Once you’ve chosen a stick paper pattern, find a coordinating paint to finish off the edges and/or top of your coffee table.
- Wood glue. To adhere the stick paper and ensure it won’t come off, you’ll need a strong wood glue.
- Paint brush and roller. A small paint brush is best for the edges and corners, while a roller will help paint the larger surfaces quickly.
Prepare the Surface
Now that you’ve gathered all the tools you need, it’s time to prep your coffee table for its transformation. Start by sanding the surface to remove any old varnish or paint. Don’t forget to remove the dust created with a damp cloth before priming the table.
Apply Stick Paper
Once the surface is ready, it’s time to apply the stick paper. Start by cutting it to size, leaving a few inches of extra paper on each side so you have a bit of wiggle room. Here’s a tip: after you’ve cut the paper to size, adhere it to the surface with painter’s tape before applying it with wood glue.
Finish off with Paint
To complete the transformation of your coffee table, use the paint brush and roller to apply a coat of paint to the edges and top of the table. And voila—you’ve just created a stylish and unique piece of furniture with an effortless and budget-friendly DIY project.