Tips on How to Style a Glass Coffee Table
If you own a glass coffee table, you need to style it properly to make the best of its modern and chic look. Here are some tips on how you can style your glass coffee table to create an eye-catching focal point in your living space.
- Opt for Interior Design Books – Place interesting design books with varying heights on the table for a stylish and structured look
- Choose a Stylish Bowl – Add a unique and sophisticated bowl with unique contents such as shells, rocks or small objects to add a touch of chic
- Add Potted Plants – Place some potted plants that complement the existing design of your living space on the coffee table
- Include a Tray – Place a tray on the glass coffee table to organize and contain small items you might have, such as a remote control and stationery
- Display Books – Stack some art and design books, preferably in matching or complementary colors, so the table looks organized and neat
- Keep it Simple – Make sure the items that you choose aren’t too many so the table doesn’t look too crowded and can still serve its purpose – a visual anchor for the room
Lighting can be a great way to add a focal point in the living room. Place an appropriate lamp with an interesting and unique shade near the coffee table for an added visual interest. The color should complement the other furniture and accessories in the room to maintain visual continuity.
To complete the look, add some accent pieces. These could be anything from a framed artwork, sculptures or decorative vases. They should be proportional to the table size and complement the existing color scheme of the room. Be careful not to add too many pieces so it doesn’t look too cluttered.
When styling a glass coffee table, try to maintain a balance of both color and shapes, and select items that can make the table a focal point. With the right combination of lights, books and decorative pieces, you can create a chic and stylish look with your glass coffee table.