How to Style a Glass Coffee Table
A contemporary glass coffee table is a great addition to any living space. But, how you style it is just as important as the table itself. Here are some tips to help you achieve a chic and stylish look.
Before you start, it’s important to consider the layout of your room, your colour scheme and the other pieces of furniture present. Knowing the purpose of the coffee table will be helpful in determining what items you want to use to style it.
Select Your Items to Decorate
The best way to style a glass table is to choose a theme or colour palette to use. To pull a look together, arrange items in odd numbers and in different heights. Choose items that make a statement but don’t overwhelm your table. Some common items used to decorate are:
- Books: Arrange a few interesting and beautiful books to add style and colour.
- Plants: Small succulents and greenery are a great addition.
- Vases: Fill a vase with flowers or plants for an eye-catching display.
- Artwork: Hang a piece of art for a modern look.
- Lighting: A unique lamp or statement light adds a nice touch.
Styling the Table
When it comes to displaying your items, there are a few ways to go about it.
- On top: Place vases, books and lighting on the table to create a balanced display.
- Behind: Place tall planters along the back of the table to fill the space behind it.
- Underneath: Add baskets or boxes to store items and give your coffee table more depth.
Finally, it’s time to add the finishing touches. Pay special attention to lighting – you’ll want something that is bright enough for reading and won’t overpower the other items. If you’re looking for height, a stylish tray is a great way to add some drama.
Styling a glass coffee table doesn’t have to be complicated. With a bit of planning and creativity, your table will be the perfect showpiece for your living room.