How to stop a coffee table from sliding
Do you have a coffee table that constantly slides around your living room? It’s an annoying problem, but luckily there are a few simple solutions that can help.
1. Put rubber stop pads on the bottom
Adding simple rubber stop pads to the feet of your coffee table is an effective and inexpensive way to keep it in place. It’s important to ensure that the pads are attached securely and are the correct size. Be sure to check up on them every now and then to make sure they are still in place.
2. Place a heavy object on top of the table
This is a great temporary solution for when you’re expecting guests and don’t want to spend time attaching stop pads. Placing a heavy item, such as a book or vase, on the top of the table will keep it from sliding around the room.
3. Use grip mats
Grip mats are specially designed mats that are designed to stop a table from sliding. They come in a range of sizes and are extremely easy to install.
4. Secure the table to the floor
For a more permanent solution, consider securing the table to the floor. This can be done by drilling small holes in the bottom of the table and attaching it to the floor using screws or nails. Make sure to measure twice – you don’t want to damage your floor!
- Make sure the pads/mats chosen are the correct size for your table – too big/small and they won’t work effectively.
- Regularly check for any damage to the pads/mats, and replace if necessary.
- Make sure the item used to secure the table is heavy enough to prevent it from sliding.
With these simple solutions, you can keep your coffee table firmly in place. No more sliding or annoying guests!