How to Stain a Coffee Table Darker
A coffee table is often the focal point of a living room or den. If you’ve purchased a coffee table you’d like to customize, one of the easiest ways to do it is to stain it. Staining a coffee table darker can make your furniture look more luxurious, and change the atmosphere of your living space. With a few materials and some steps, you can have your coffee table looking beautiful in no time!
- Medium- or fine-grit sandpaper
- Method of choice for staining (brush, rag, etc)
- Protective gloves
- Protective eye-wear
- Stain of choice
- Protective finish (for added protection of the wood)
Steps to Staining a Coffee Table Darker
- Start by sanding the surface of your coffee table to prepare the wood for staining. Use medium- or fine-grit sandpaper to avoid damaging the surface.
- Once the surface has been sanded and is clean, use a damp cloth to clean off any sawdust on the surface.
- Put on protective gloves and eye-wear before beginning the staining process.
- Choose a stain of choice, and mix it as necessary.
- Use a brush, rag, or other application method to apply the stain.
- Allow the stain to penetrate into the wood for the recommended amount of time.
- Once the stain is absorbed, use a clean cloth to wipe off any excess.
- Allow the surface to dry completely.
- Apply a coat of protective finish if desired for added protection.
- Your coffee table should now be stained darker, and you can enjoy the new look!
Staining a coffee table darker can be an easy and fun DIY project that can add personality and style to your living space. Just make sure to wear protective gear, and use a stain and protective finish that will work best with your coffee table’s material. With just a few steps and materials, you’re well on your way to a beautiful, customized coffee table.