How To Stain a Coffee Table To Make It Look Darker
Giving your coffee table a darker hue can change the look of a room in a striking way. Staining a coffee table darker can be a great way to revamp your furniture that’s been around for a while, while still retaining its base structure. Here are a few tips on how to stain a coffee table darker.
1. Gather Your Materials
Before you begin your staining project, make sure you have all the necessary materials:
- Protective Gear(gloves, goggles, etc)
2. Prep the Table
Once you have all your materials, you can begin prepping the coffee table for staining.
- Start by lightly sanding the table with a high-grit sandpaper
- Wipe away the excess dust with a damp cloth and let the table dry
- Now your table is ready for the stain
3. Apply the Stain
Now that your coffee table is prepared, you can start staining it to achieve a darker hue.
- Use a cloth to apply a thin, even layer of stain to the entire surface of the table
- Make sure to go with the grain of the wood while you are staining
- If necessary, you can apply additional coats of stain to darken the color of the table further.
4. Final Touches
Once you are satisfied with the color of your coffee table, you can move on to the final step.
- Using a clean cloth, wipe away any excess stain from the surface of the table.
- Let the table dry for several hours or even overnight.
- Enjoy your newly stained coffee table!
Staining a coffee table darker can be a great way to give your furniture a much-needed facelift. Just remember to take the necessary precautions when completing the project to ensure that you get the best possible results!