How to Spray Paint a Metal Coffee Table
Painting metal furniture can be a great way to spruce up the look of a room without having to buy all new furniture. With minimal supplies and some simple steps, you can turn your outdated metal coffee table into one that looks brand new.
- Cleaner – Use a cleaner designed for metal.
- Sandpaper – Get sandpaper with a high grit
- Primer – Choose primer specifically designed for metal
- Spray Paint – Choose the color that best fits the room
- Polyurethane -Choose the right finish
- Start off by cleaning the metal coffee table with the appropriate cleaner. This step helps a lot with the spray paint sticking onto the metal surface.
- Once the coffee table is cleaned, lightly sand the metal surface. This will help give the paint something to latch onto and prevent chipping.
- Once the sanding is complete, use the metal primer to give the table extra protection from chips.
- Once the primer is dry, use the spray paint to give the metal table the desired look. Do multiple coats depending on desired coverage.
- After the paint is dry, use polyurethane to give the metal an extra layer of protection from chipping and other damage.
By following these steps, you will have successfully transformed your metal coffee table into one that looks like new. Painting metal furniture is easier than you think and can be a great way to spruce up the look of any room.