How to Shorten a Coffee Table Length
One of the most common furniture items in any home, coffee tables come in all shapes, sizes, and styles. Depending on the size of your room, it may be necessary to adjust the size of your coffee table to better suit the space available. Shortening the length of a coffee table is a relatively quick and easy process.
Steps to Shorten a Coffee Table Length
- Measure the length of your coffee table, as well as the desired length.
- Cut the legs of your coffee table to suit the desired length. If your coffee table has two pieces, you may choose to cut sitting in between the two pieces.
- File the edges of the cut material with a metal file to create a smooth surface.
- Sand the material if necessary.
- Stain both sides of the cut and sanded material to create a uniform look.
- Assemble the table and enjoy!
Tips on Shortening a Coffee Table Length
- If the legs of your coffee table are relatively thick, you may need to use a saw to make the necessary cuts.
- Measure multiple times to get the perfect length you’re looking for.
- Fill in or treat any holes or rough spots you may create during cutting and sanding.