How to Pack and Repaint a Coffee Table
Moving a coffee table can be tricky. You want to make sure it is secure and that you don’t damage it in transit. Here are some tips on how to successfully transport and repaint a coffee table:
Packing the Table
- Measure the table. Take note of the size and get a box or other container that will fit it securely.
- Fill the container. Place bubble wrap around the four sides of the table, followed by foam boards on the bottom and the top to give extra cushioning.
- Secure the box with tape around all the edges.
Repainting the Table
- Sand the table to create a smooth surface.
- Apply type of primer. There are many kinds of primer available to choose from.
- Paint the table. Choose a colour that you like and make sure to follow the instructions on the paint can for the best results.
- Allow the paint to dry. This could take several hours or up to a few days.
- Seal the paint. To ensure your careful work lasts for years to come, seal the paint with a sealant such as polyurethane.
By following these steps, you can easily and safely transport, repaint and refinish your coffee table. With all these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy your coffee table in your new home.