How to Revamp a Coffee Table
Revamping a coffee table is a great way to update the look of your living space while saving money. With just a few simple steps, you can turn a traditional piece of furniture into an eye-catching centerpiece.
Step 1: Color
The quickest and easiest way to make a dramatic change to an existing table is to add color. Choosing the right color can be tricky, so it’s important to consider the space the table will live in and the other furniture around it. If you’re after a bold look, opt for a bright color such as red or teal. For a more neutral aesthetic, think about pastel shades such as pink or light blue.
Step 2: Paint Technique
Playing around with paint techniques can really bring your coffee table to life. You could try:
- Stencilling – adding patterns and shapes with stencils and contrasting colors.
- Ombre – creating a gradient effect with several shades of the same color.
- Distressing – creating an aged look by sanding down areas of the table and staining it with a darker color.
Step 3: Dimentional Textures
Adding texture to a coffee table is a great way to add more interest. You could try:
- Fabric – upholstering the table with a selection of different fabrics.
- Mosaics – creating a mosaic pattern with pieces of tile and grout.
- Textiles – jazzing up the table with embroidery or beading.
- Carvings – creating an intricate pattern with wood-working tools.
Step 4: Accessories
Adding a few accessories can really finish off the look of your revitalized table. Consider using candles or lamps for a touch of soft lighting or add some greenery for a bit of color. You could even place some books or a few small trinkets around the table for a more personal touch.
Revamping a coffee table is a great way to make a big impact with a simple update. With a few materials and some creativity, you can create a statement piece of furniture that will add a unique touch to your home.