Restoring a Wooden Coffee Table
Over time, wooden coffee tables can become scratched, faded and worn out. As the centerpiece of a room, a wooden coffee table should be in top condition to showcase the room’s style. To restore a wooden coffee table back to its original luster and beauty, there are a few steps you can follow.
Steps to Restore
- Clean with warm water, mild soap, and a soft cloth.
- Use light pressure and move the cloth in the direction of the wood grain.
- Rinse off with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Sand away surface scratches with a fine sandpaper.
- Increase the grit of the sandpaper gradually until the scratch is gone.
- Dust off any debris from sanding.
- Apply wood stain to bring out the color of the wood and match the original color.
- Allow the stain to dry, and apply a protective finish to seal the wood.
Following these steps can help to restore wooden coffee tables to their original beauty and as a centerpiece to a room. With the right materials, it’s a fairly easy process that requires minimal effort.