How to Restore a Wood Coffee Table
Bring back life to a tired and aged wood coffee table with these easy restoration steps. You’ll be proud of the finished product and your room will look like new.
- Mineral spirits
- Wood stain
- Foam brushes
- Shop rag
- Strip off all the existing finish with a 120-grit sandpaper.
- Use mineral spirits and a shop rag to wipe away all the old sanding dust.
- Stain the wood with a soft cloth drenched in your chosen wood stain.
- Apply two coats of polyurethane and let dry between coats.
- Once dry, buff the table to a beautiful sheen with a clean cloth.
Once the restoration process is complete, you will be left with a beautiful, updated wood coffee table that is sure to revive your room. You can also invest in replacement legs or slats to change the look of the table entirely. With a little bit of effort and some basic supplies, you can make an old coffee table look new again.