How to Restore Your Coffee Table
Coffee tables are an essential part of any home, but over time they may become worn and distressed. Fortunately, wood coffee tables can be easily restored without breaking the bank. Here’s how to do it:
Step One: Prepare The Surface
- Clean the surface of your table with a soft cloth dampened with a mixture of warm water and soap.
- Sand the surface with a medium-grit sandpaper to remove any dirt and grease.
- Wipe off the sanding dust with a soft cloth.
Step Two: Apply The Stain
- Select a wood stain that complements the color of your coffee table.
- Stir the stain to mix it thoroughly.
- Apply the stain to the surface of the table using a clean cloth and work in the direction of the wood grain.
- Let the stain sit for several minutes, then wipe off the excess using a clean cloth.
Step Three: Apply A Protective Topcoat
- Apply a protective topcoat of acrylic finish or varnish to the table, following the instructions given on the product’s label.
- Let the topcoat dry completely before you use your table again.
Your coffee table will be like new and will look better than ever. With just a few simple steps, you can restore your coffee table and give your home a fresh new look!