How to Replace a Glass Coffee Table Top
Tools and Materials Needed
- Glass cutter
- Heavy-duty gloves
- Glass of the desired size
- Masonry nails
- Wood screws or silicone glue
- Measuring tape
- Measure the existing glass top of the coffee table to determine the size of the new one that is needed. It is best if the size is slightly smaller than the existing one to allow for an easy fit.
- Using the glass cutter, cut the new glass top to the desired size.
- Put on your heavy-duty gloves to protect your hands; then remove the old glass top from the coffee table.
- Place the new glass top on the coffee table. Make sure that the edges are aligned properly and the glass is centered.
- If the glass top is not secured to the coffee table, use masonry nails to attach it to the tabletop. If the table is made of wood, use wood screws or silicone glue. Secure the glass top in place by hammering the nails into the table.
- Use a screwdriver to tighten any loose screws and make sure that the new glass top is firmly secured.
Replacing a glass coffee table top is an easy process and can be completed quickly and efficiently. All you need is the right tools and materials, such as a glass cutter, screws, and a hammer. With careful measurements and a steady hand, you can have your new glass top in place in no time!