Repairing Scratched Glass on a Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables are stylish and timeless, but even the most careful owner can find themselves with scratched glass. Repairing this type of damage is possible, so if your coffee table has scratches, don’t despair! Read on to learn how to safely repair scratched glass on your coffee table.
Gather your supplies:
- Safety goggles – To protect your eyes
- Rubbing Compound – To help buff out the scratches
- Polishing Cloth – To clear away the excess material
- Glass Cleaner – To remove dust and debris from the glass
- Soft Cloth – To clean the glass
Directions for Repairing Scratched Glass:
- Put on your safety glasses. Working with glass can be dangerous – always take the proper precautions.
- Clean the glass surface with the glass cleaner and soft cloth, removing any dirt and debris from the damaged area.
- Apply a thin layer of rubbing compound to the scratched areas. Using a cloth or your fingers, rub the compound in a circular motion until the scratches are buffed out.
- Wipe away any excess material with the polishing cloth.
- Clean the surface with glass cleaner and a soft cloth one more time.
Although scratched and damaged glass can be repaired with some careful attention, it is still important to take good care of your coffee table. Practice good maintenance and avoid abrasive cleaning products to keep it looking its best.