How To Repair a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Having a glass coffee table can be a wonderful way to bring a unique style to any space. But, glass tables are unfortunately prone to scratches if not handled with care.
Luckily though, it’s possible to repair those scratches and make your glass coffee table look as good as new:
Steps To Repair a Scratched Glass Table:
- Gather Supplies – You’ll need some wax-based furniture wax, steel wool, newspaper, and paper towels.
- Remove Rust – Use the steel wool to remove any rust picked up by the scratches.
- Wipe Surface – Using damp paper towels, wipe the surface to remove any dust and dirt.
- Apply Wax – Put a bit of wax-based furniture wax onto a paper towel and rub it into the scratched area.
- Polish – Using a dry paper towel, buff the wax in a circular motion for about 5 minutes.
Following these steps will help to make your scratched glass coffee table look beautiful once again.
For best results, it’s important to be as gentle as possible during the cleaning and polishing process. In addition, it’s important to use wax-based furniture wax specifically, as not all waxes are meant for glass surfaces.
- Avoid Chemicals – Don’t use harsh chemicals such as window cleaner, abrasives, or bleach as they may damage the glass.
- Test First – It’s always wise to test a small, unseen area first before cleaning or polishing the entire glass surface.
By following the steps laid out above, you should be able to repair any surface scratches on your glass coffee table. The whole process should take no longer than about 10 minutes, and in the end you’ll have a beautiful glass coffee table to show off!