How to Repair Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables can add sophistication and style to any home. Unfortunately, they can also be susceptible to scratching. If you’ve recently noticed your glass table has some unsightly scratches, they don’t have to stay. There are a few methods of repairing scratched glass coffee tables to help restore them to their initial quality.
Method 1: Using Windshield Repair Kits
It is possible to use windshield repair kits to repair scratched glass coffee tables. To do this:
- Purchase a windshield repair kit from any auto supply store.
- Clean the surface of the scratched glass coffee table to remove any debris or dust.
- Follow the instructions that come with the windshield repair kit to fill in the scratched area.
- Choose high-quality resin from the kit to fill the scratch.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe away any excess resin.
- Allow the resin to cure for 24 hours before using the table again.
Method 2: Sanding and Buffing the Scratched Area
Another way to repair a scratched glass coffee table is by sanding and buffing the affected area. To do this:
- Use a wet sandpaper to sand the scratched area in a circular motion. Start with a finer grit of sandpaper and progress to a courser grit.
- Use a power polishing tool with a soft polishing pad to buff the scratched area.
- Polish the scratched area with a glass cleaner such as Windex and a non-abrasive cloth.
The methods described in this article can help you repair scratched glass coffee tables quickly and easily. By taking the time to repair the scratches, you can help maintain the aesthetic value of your coffee table.