Tutorial On How to Repair a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Do you have a scratched glass coffee table? One wrong move can easily damage glass and this can look quite unsightly. Learning how to repair a scratched glass coffee table ensures you can restore your furniture to its former glory. Here are the steps you need to follow to safely repair a glass coffee table:
Method 1: Using Baking Soda or Toothpaste
- Using a soft cloth, blot up any liquid surrounding the scratched area, ensuring the cloth is free of any residue.
- Mix together a soft paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the scratched area, gently rubbing the paste in a circular motion.
- If baking soda is not available, ordinary toothpaste can be used. Use a non-gel toothpaste for the best results.
- With the paste still on the tabletop, use a damp cloth to remove and buff the scratched area in a circular motion.
- Dry and buff the area with a soft clean cloth to remove any residue. If the scratch has not been removed, repeat this process.
Method 2: Using Metal Polish
- Apply a small amount of metal polish to a soft and clean cloth, as well as a small amount of water.
- Gently rub the scratched area with the cloth, using only a minimal amount of pressure.
- Continue this process until the scratch is removed, then remove any excess polish with a clean, dry cloth.
Follow these simple steps to restore your glass coffee table. Both methods are effective and will guarantee a great result.