How to Repair Scratched Glass Coffee Table
A glass coffee table can add a modern touch to any living space, but unfortunately, its delicate surface is easily scratched. However, fixing scratches on a glass coffee table is much easier than you may think! Here are the simple steps you can take to repair the scratches on your glass coffee table.
Step 1: Evaluate the Depth of the Scratch
- Use a cotton swab and acetone to clean the glass.
- Examine the scratch and determine its depth.
Step 2: Repair Superficial Damage
- For superficial scratches on the glass, apply a polishing compound to the scratch. Start with a coarse grit polishing compound, then work your way down with a finer grit to achieve the desired smoothness.
- Alternatively, you can use toothpaste to remove light scratches on the glass coffee table. Apply the toothpaste and use a soft, lint-free cloth to rub in a circular motion.
Step 3: Deep Scratch Repair
- For deeper scratches, you can use a glass-repair kit that is specially designed to repair scratches from glass. Follow the instructions carefully and use caution when reinforcing the glass.
- If the scratch is too deep to repair, then you’ll have to replace the entire piece of glass.
Once you have repaired the scratch, use a glass cleaner to remove any residue or smudges. You can also use a soft cloth and a little bit of vinegar to polish the glass. With a little patience and elbow grease, you can make your glass coffee table look like new.